How would you destroy America? This is a question with a lot of answers on Quora. This is one I particularly enjoyed, written by Tim Ventura:
It’s already happening. America has the strongest economy & military, so to beat her you have to put her on a cultural level with propaganda. Any kind of cultural identity, pride, or hope for the future that Americans have will be gone.
- America was settled by people wanting to be free: Nope, let’s change that. Columbus was a murderer, the Pilgrims were religious nuts, everybody else was a racist slave-owner who murdered natives to steal their land. Nobody came here for freedom, they came because they were evil.
- The Constitution was written to guarantee freedoms: Scratch that. All the founders were slave owners, they hated blacks, they wrote the constitution to enrich themselves by abandoning their financial obligations to England, and of course they wanted power so instigating a coup in the colonies was the best way for them to seize control.
- Americans have history of achievement to be proud of: America will survive as long as the population has some pride, so let’s reduce everybody to minority status & absolutely destroy their cultural heritage. Edison? Tesla? Henry Ford? The Space Program? We’re going to mix in a combination of ad hominem attacks on their personalities with claims they stole their ideas, and single-handedly destroy the value of any piece of heritage Americans might have.
- Minorities are an undervalued, but integral part of American society: Nope, that doesn’t work. Let’s change it so that all minority groups have been shit on, treated as slaves, and hated by everyone. Let’s forget ANY achievements by black, Asian, or native Americans and focus solely on getting these cultural groups as angry as possible at everybody else. If you’re a minority, you need to be ready to revolt, and if you’re not, we’ll say it’s because you’re an “Uncle Tom”.
- America supports strong personal & family roles & values: We have to break this down as well. First, let’s find ways to cut apart and “redefine” the family. Mom, Dad, kids? Nope. Now we’ve got to attack the very roles of men & women themselves. Let’s redefine “normal” as something else – we’ll call it “cisgender”. Now that there’s no normal, we can leave everybody hanging with a lot of uncertainty about what they are even on the level of personal identity. How can you be American if you’re not even sure what being a man or woman is?
- Americans are law-abiding, with a strong sense of right & wrong: This doesn’t work, so let’s turn to moral relativism. What we need to do is import lots of people from regions where strapping explosives to your chest, killing children, human trafficking, gunning down your neighbors, stoning your wife or daughter, and torturing your political opponents is practiced, and then when they do those same things in America, we redefine it as “culturally normative”, not “wrong”.
Now that we’ve taken down ALL of the social structures, there’s not a hell of a lot left. This is how you take a proud country that literally changed the world and reduce it to a self-hating, infighting group of peasants within a single generation.
America worked because everybody was more-or-less on the same team, going the same direction. Change that so it’s a collection of competing teams that hate each other, and it’ll tear itself apart faster than you’d imagine.
That’s how I’d do it. After all, it worked in Europe.