How Would You Destroy America?
How would you destroy America? This is a question with a lot of answers on Quora. This is one I particularly enjoyed, written by Tim Ventura:
It’s already happening. America has the strongest economy & military, so to beat her you have to put her on a cultural level with propaganda. Any kind of cultural identity, pride, or hope for the future that Americans have will be gone.
- America was settled by people wanting to be free: Nope, let’s change that. Columbus was a murderer, the Pilgrims were religious nuts, everybody else was a racist slave-owner who murdered natives to steal their land. Nobody came here for freedom, they came because they were evil.
- The Constitution was written to guarantee freedoms: Scratch that. All the founders were slave owners, they hated blacks, they wrote the constitution to enrich themselves by abandoning their financial obligations to England, and of course they wanted power so instigating a coup in the colonies was the best way for them to seize control.
- Americans have history of achievement to be proud of: America will survive as long as the population has some pride, so let’s reduce everybody to minority status & absolutely destroy their cultural heritage. Edison? Tesla? Henry Ford? The Space Program? We’re going to mix in a combination of ad hominem attacks on their personalities with claims they stole their ideas, and single-handedly destroy the value of any piece of heritage Americans might have.
- Minorities are an undervalued, but integral part of American society: Nope, that doesn’t work. Let’s change it so that all minority groups have been shit on, treated as slaves, and hated by everyone. Let’s forget ANY achievements by black, Asian, or native Americans and focus solely on getting these cultural groups as angry as possible at everybody else. If you’re a minority, you need to be ready to revolt, and if you’re not, we’ll say it’s because you’re an “Uncle Tom”.
- America supports strong personal & family roles & values: We have to break this down as well. First, let’s find ways to cut apart and “redefine” the family. Mom, Dad, kids? Nope. Now we’ve got to attack the very roles of men & women themselves. Let’s redefine “normal” as something else – we’ll call it “cisgender”. Now that there’s no normal, we can leave everybody hanging with a lot of uncertainty about what they are even on the level of personal identity. How can you be American if you’re not even sure what being a man or woman is?
- Americans are law-abiding, with a strong sense of right & wrong: This doesn’t work, so let’s turn to moral relativism. What we need to do is import lots of people from regions where strapping explosives to your chest, killing children, human trafficking, gunning down your neighbors, stoning your wife or daughter, and torturing your political opponents is practiced, and then when they do those same things in America, we redefine it as “culturally normative”, not “wrong”.
Now that we’ve taken down ALL of the social structures, there’s not a hell of a lot left. This is how you take a proud country that literally changed the world and reduce it to a self-hating, infighting group of peasants within a single generation.
America worked because everybody was more-or-less on the same team, going the same direction. Change that so it’s a collection of competing teams that hate each other, and it’ll tear itself apart faster than you’d imagine.
That’s how I’d do it. After all, it worked in Europe.
8 thoughts on “How Would You Destroy America?”
From the bottom of my fever ridden brain, this sounds all to real. Sadly.
Oh, dear. Sounds like your predictions came true. Get well soon, Mary!
I read lots of news reports about people with these negative, culture destroying attitudes, and I see such articles on Medium, but I’ve never met a single person who held them. Nobody in my huge extended family, spread all over the country. None of the friends of my kids or grandkids. None of our friends or neighbors. None of the people I’ve ever worked with, nor their employees–not even the lousy ones. None of the immigrants or minorities I have ever met. Where are these people, then?
A small number of loud whiners, for whom the media acts as megaphone, because it seems like a provocative story.
We all read about these people, and deplore them, but for the most part we just go about our American lives, getting along together, respecting each other, being neighborly, working hard and loving our families.
Excellent point, Mike. My son regales me with these awful news reports. Point taken. He’s getting them all from the news. So what is the point, if they aren’t true? To scare us, or just to have something to write about?
Good one!Tim is right. It is being supported by the media and many others that I feel want to tear down this great country of ours.
However, I feel that Mike is right in his view of our overall condition.
We are a hard working and caring people. These angry children have been tolerated way too long. I feel it is time for a good spanking and a house cleaning of all sections of our state and federal government. Stop importing more problems. If you wish to come to our country, you must pledge to be citizens who honor our rules and regulations and pledge to protect our way of life.
I could go on and on about the folly of the United Nations,sending massive amounts of money to other countries, not taking a stand for our citizens abroad. But I’m sure you know where I stand, by now. Love it, protect it, or leave it.
I agree with you, honey. I’m not quite as hard line as you, but I do believe in the old school way of welcoming citizens. Sign the guest book, do it right.
The EU is supposed to be the European solution to competing teams – and indeed they were for over 1,000 years. I think (despite Brexit and some far rightist elements) they are doing a pretty good job of “coming together” – especially considering their diversity has been much more pronounced than any in the historical USA. My opinion and greatly over simplified…
That’s a good point. We’ve only ever heard of trouble in the EU with Brexit. I wonder if something like that would work with Mexico or other countries, and Canada? I doubt it. Every time I read something by a Canadian about the US, it is never flattering or kind.